How I Spend My Twitter Time

Instead of doing prewriting during office downtime today, I opted to play with Wordle. I first learned about this awesome app from my friend Danielle. Since then, it's been popping up in the tweets and blogs of people I follow.

Courtesy of TweetStats, I found out that I can make a word cloud with my Twitter account. What a terrific way to find out what I tweet about!

(Of course, since my work machine is locked down like a nun's you-know-what, it's taken me much longer than necessary to get the images on this page.)

The Wordle on up top shows what I tweet only while the one on the right includes I respond to. I find it pretty funny that The Great White Beast (more commonly known as Lucky) is one of the more dominant topics of my Twitter stream in both cases.

I'm fascinated by this because I can see what's most on my mind and how much of a one-track mind I do have. This can be explained though.

@replies. The two dominant replies are to two of my friends, so that makes sense. Of course, we could just as easily text each other, right?

White, Stripey & Cats. Blaming it on not allowing to have any as a child while all my friends had one, I love cats. Of course I have two. I'd have more if the apartment was bigger. Lucky and Cheyenne are always doing something that fascinates me. It might not have the same appeal to you, but you're not me.

Twitpic. With the previous category, of course I have to take pictures of how awesome these two are. Twitpic is very enabling that way. The Twitpic feed is basically of the cats. Most of the pictures on my cell are of the cats too.

I might as well admit it now: the cats are my hobby.

Moving on.

Writing. This one should be explanatory if you're reading this. But if you're new, I'll fill you in. I write. I tweet about what I do when I'm not watching the cats. That is usually writing. I think most of these ones had to do with the last FALLING TO NORMAL rewrite.

Nemesis. An older gentleman in my critique group that submits his work(s)-in-progress as frequently as I do. I spend a lot of time wondering what the hell he's talking about.

This is how I spend my Twitter time. I wonder how this will change as the year pushes on.

Do you tweet? What does your Wordle look like?