Scars of Yesterday

Every Wednesday, YA Highway asks their readership a simple question to answer on your blog. Once you answer, you link your blog in the comments for other readers to hop on board. This is Road Trip Wednesday.

Today's question: What is the story of your best scar?

While I think about what scars I have and whether there's a story to go with it, I would like to direct you to the awesomeness of the internet where you can watch baby bald eagles*!

So, scars.We all got them. And while I'm not ready to talk about my mother working as a lunch lady in my middle school while I was there, I suppose I can talk about something physical.

Confession: I don't have many scars.

In fact, there are only two I can locate: one on my wrist and one on my inner arm.

I have no clue how the inner arm one happened. It was like I woke up one day and BOOM! there it was. I'm going to blame Stripey and the Claws of Death.

I remember the origin of the wrist one, and before you think it, no it wasn't from that. The slash on my wrist happened in art class. With a piece of poster board. Yep, I accidentally slit my wrist with a piece of poster board and it was deep enough to leave a scar**.

The best scar however isn't even mine. It belongs to Hubby. Back in October we had gone to see High on Fire--one of Hubby's favorite bands that is extremely heavy, dirgey, and fast--at The Middle East***. We were in the downstairs portion of the club, which has more floor space and a raised area near the bar. Since I'm short and everyone else at this show was twenty feet tall, we stood on the raised section of the floor. Hubby got excited during the chorus of one of the songs and fist-pumped.

And punched a sprinkler.

He bled and thought a small band aid would cover it. Since his fist was consistently in the air, we didn't know how bad the gash was until we got out of the venue. He needed 19 stitches and now has a permanent V on his knuckle.

Don't forget to check out YA Highway to see what the other participants are saying!

* This might distract me for the rest of my life.
** A scar that now looks like a misplaced palm line.
*** The Middle East is this pretty awesome restaurant/club in Cambridge that I've been to more in adultdom than during college. 
_____________
Last.fm hit of the day: Secrets of the Earth by Ghost Brigade