It's Like a Yellow Submarine, But Not



I should probably let you all in on a not-so-secret secret: I'm anti-social. This totally contradicts the amount of time I spend on the Twitters and here, but sometimes that's how I roll.

Anyway.

Listing 5 writing communities shouldn't be too hard.
  1. Twitter. This is where I've made a lot of my writing connections. The #amediting and #amwriting hashtags are a great way to remind you you're not like Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. And since I'm chained at a desk all day*, this is a good thing.
  2. NaNoWriMo. The Boston WriMos have been awesome. It's well past November and I still meet up with them weekly for write ins. We'll overlook the fact that most of the time I'm so busy busting a gut that writing might not get done.
  3. Weekend of Awesome. I really can't stress enough how fantastic this weekend was and how awesome the ladies in it are. They've become my personalized writing community. I realize how lucky I am.
  4. SCBWI. Without SCBWI I'd be a little more clueless. This year I went to the New England regional conference, which was fantastic, and I networked with local writers. Oddly, anti-social me loved this.
  5. Grub Street. This is a Boston-based writing NPO, but I've been a member on and off for 10 years. Every seminar I've taken has strengthened my writing. This alone makes it invaluable. They also host different events throughout the year as well, which makes it social-y.
Is there a writing community I should know about? Join Paper Hangover and blog about it!


* And most nights.
__________
Last.fm hit of the day: See You at the Party Richter by Austrian Death Machine