In Which I Actually Make New Year's Resolutions

For years, I've been anti-resolutions. They're too cliche. It's a load of bullshit. Blah blah blah. Still, there's something to be said about setting something down at the start of a new year. And because of the overall horrible downward trajectory my life has taken from October 2011 pretty much through the summer of 2013, I want 2014 to be a year of positivity.

Don't worry, this isn't going to be one of *those* posts.

My main goal for 2014 is to get back to social media. I miss Twitter. I miss Pinterest. I miss The Lurkdom. Now that I've finally adjusted to the new day job, I feel that I can incorporate it all back in my life.

Which brings me to my second goal for the new year: Balance. It's so easy for me to get sucked into one particular part of life whether it's writing, Facebook games, reading... you get the picture. This year I want to be able to do all of this and remain sane. Oh, I'm also aiming to drop the ten pounds I already gained from the new day job.

So! Be on the lookout for me here, Twitter, and Pinterest.

Happy New Year!