Ready. Set. WRITE! Week 6

Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer accountability series that is hosted by Jaime MorrowKaty UppermanAlison MilerErin Funk, and Elodie Nowodazkij. We set goals for the summer and check in weekly.

Mid-July. Mid. July. Remember when you were like 8 and June to July was sooo long? I wish time still crawled that way because the fact we're halfway through the summer and I STILL haven't made it to the beach? 

Unacceptable.

Overall goal update: I met my goal to read at least 3 books this summer over the weekend. This means that 2 of my summer goals have now been completed.


How I Did Last Week

  • Send out at least 3 more queries. - DONE
  • Complete Workshop 8 of PLANNING YOUR NOVEL. - DONE
  • Read. - DONE
  • Figure out what is bothering me re: SCENES FROM LAST NIGHT so this can be fixed.- DONE. The end is too abrupt.
  • Walk every day, even if it's just to Dunkin and back - DONE

My Goal(s) For This Week

  • Work on some business stuff for The Writers' Loft. STAT.
  • Send out 3 more queries.
  • Get at least halfway through Workshop 9 of PLANNING YOUR NOVEL.
  • Begin revisions on the last third of SCENES FROM LAST NIGHT.
  • Read.
  • Continue to walk every day, even if it's just to Dunkin and back.

Favorite Line From My Story

I don't really have a line, but a small passage from SCENES FROM LAST NIGHT. 
This is everything I ever wanted. Being entwined in Spencer Warren’s arms, him wanting to know all about me. To be within kissing distance of him. This is every one of my middle school fantasies coming to life. 

Biggest Challenge I Faced This Week

Staying with the plan. Call it burnout, call it getting in my own way. More than once last week I would look at Hubby and say, "What am I doing?" This week is already looking to be a repeat of last week.


Something I Love About My WIP

The SNI is still captivating, even though my pre-planning continues to have a lot of vague character description and events. Maybe I should add research as one of these weekly goals. As far as SCENES FROM LAST NIGHT goes, I love how fast of a read it is. And after dealing with so much fantasy, something as clear cut as this contemporary is fantastic.