Ready. Set. WRITE! Week 12

Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer accountability series that is hosted by Jaime MorrowKaty UppermanAlison MilerErin Funk, and Elodie Nowodazkij. We set goals for the summer and check in weekly. 

Welp, summer is winding down. (Still no beach in sight). And the first local apples have hit the grocery store. Which is fantastic, because I love apples. However, it's just one calendar page closer to Snowmageddon Part 3. I know, I know. We're far, far away from dealing with that. I will continue to enjoy August. (And hopefully get a beach day in)

Some of my recent weekly goals have been a bit challenging because of the day job. Some stuff I can do when it's quiet, like figure out a revision plan or do some light research. Anything that requires intense concentration -- betaing, revising, drafting -- can't be done due to the nature of working in a call center*. But, we all have our crosses to bear.

How I Did Last Week


  • Do my final pass on the beta from last week. DONE!
  • Begin betaing another friend's manuscript. DONE! Well, done as in I began it. I'm in round 2 of reading throuh it.
  • Walk every day.  Fail. 5 out of 7. It's been too damn humid.
  • Fold and put away laundry. DONE! This is what I'm most proud of this week.
  • Stretch goal--> Continue thinking about revision plan for the boy band book. DONE! 
  • Additional stretch goal --> Do some research for The SNI. DONE!

My Goal(s) For This Week


  • Complete the beta I started last week.
  • Figure out a blog schedule to maintain.
  • Start working on a doable exercise routine**.
  • Walk 5 days. Maybe 4.
  • Stretch goal--> Continue thinking about revision plan for the boy band book. 
  • Additional stretch goal --> Do some research for The SNI. 

One Phrase That Sums Up What I Wrote/Revised

In progress. Everything I've worked on this past week has been to get ready for the next step, so this is apt.

Biggest Challenge I Faced This Week

Ugh. Myself. The day job leaves me depressed and full of self-loathing pretty much every day. Have you ever tried to work on anything while under that kind of emotional blanket? It's HARD.

Something I Love About My WIP

Researching all the Japanese stuff for The SNI. It reminds me a bit of 5th grade for International Day, I did a presentation on Japan. Except this time I'm not learning about the economy or political structure.



* It's a glamorous life. Try not to be jealous.
** Pretty sure this will be a list that won't do anything until this depression goes away.