Accountability Monday: ARGH! Edition

To keep myself on task with everything I have to do outside of my day job, I've started Accountability Monday where I'll share my successes and failures from the past week and my goals for the upcoming one. If you too need something to keep yourself honest, feel free to join in.


How I Did Last Week

Ha ha ha. Past Alicia is hilariously deluded with her expectations because those goals? None achieved.

I only got 15 revision hours complete out of my proposed 56 maximum. This revision is much harder than it looks. (That alone is a separate blog topic.) Also my goal of up to 6 hours of revision a day was way too optimistic. I work full time in a job that uses the same side of the brain used when revising. Even though I know this I'm angry at myself for not meeting or exceeding my goal.

Progress is happening though, Lurkdom. If you remember last week, I was on page 48 with almost 300 comments that needed addressing. But now? I'm closing in on page 100! And look at all this change! Looking at it this way, it's not that bad.
So much revision
Oh and that exercise thing? Yeah, that didn't happen either. Hubby is more than willing to enable my crazy revision schedule to the point where he won't prompt us to exercise. This is in part because he's still working on managing his illness and part he doesn't want to exercise either. Though, thanks to poor planning, I did manage an hour walk before the day job on Friday.

My Goal(s) For This Week 

Because of my glorious failure this past week, I'm going for conservative and specific:

  • 2 hours of revision a day.
  • 2 hours of exercise total.
  • Stretch goal-->1 hour of SNI research (Monday only)


Biggest Challenge I Faced This Week 

Depression. It's getting harder to focus. To find motivation, especially now that the days are shorter.

Something I Love About My WIP

Right now I'm in the stage of revision where I hate everything about this project. (Especially the part where it insists on getting revised in the morning.) Because of my utter hate, I'll just default back to the mimes. The inanity of them helps and because I love them so hard, I'm striving for them not to be seen only a plot device. It's fun and simultaneously hard to come up with an entire backstory for a mime troupe.

Random Factoid From the Week

No factoids this week due to revision cave. Though bestie D and I may have stumbled upon the best way to handle clothes shopping: cocktails first and your body image flies right out the window.

How's your fall going? Getting lots of stuff done? Share below and then stop by Pam and Quita's blog!