Introducing Things I Haven't Told You

The art of the daily blog has pretty much slipped away, at least for me. The scant time I have between the day job and raising Munckin* I use to focus on writing. It only makes sense. What good is an audience if you don't have a book? Of course, the same can be said for the other side of the coin.

But I haven't forgotten about you, Lurkdom. Honest. I'm working real hard on trying to get it all figured out. So to help myself with this, I'm introducing a new feature. It's called Things I Haven't Told You.

What in the Sam Hill are you planning?
Well, it's not that hard to figure out. We've been in a relationship for nine years. There are things I haven't shared with you that I believe will entertain you. Perhaps even resonate with you. And what is blogging if not about connections?**

Okay, Miss Smarty Pants. What haven't you told me?
Glad you asked.


I've talked about SFLN on here a few times. During those mentions, the word "mime" comes up. If our friendship has transcended blogging, you've also seen me talk about mimes on Facebook as it relates to the WIP. I have history with mimes. This has nothing to do with me being slightly French or the fact I used to have Mime Hunt as a screen saver either.

Credit
I studied mime and clowning in college.


This wasn't my major and it was only for a semester, but it was a valid course of study. Miming is interesting as you have to tell a story with only your body. To do this well, you need exceptional body control and be able to isolate body parts. It's really challenging and, in it's own way, a workout.

I'll be the first to admit I wasn't great at miming. I didn't have the patience to properly execute the techniques learned. This doesn't mean I don't have an appreciation of the art. It's a classic going all the way back to the Ancient Greeks and still thrives today.

And I still break out into the occasional mime routine.

If you want to try your hand at mime, I say nothing. That's the first rule of mime, Lurkdom. All kidding aside, if you want to try your hand at mime, you should! Expert Village has a great YouTube series on miming techniques.



* Internet-nickname pending. Right now, we'll go with this.
** And possibly being a vanity project.